Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Finally went to the track

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GSleepeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    OK... went to Steele this past Fri and ran my car. My best time was a 14.678 @ 95.44mph, RT .923. This was good enough to beat my friends '99 Firebird with the 350. I would've beat him on the next run also, but I let a friend ride with me. My RT was a .537, but the car really hooked up even with a launch from 3k rpm and bogged a little off the line. That plus the extra 150+ lbs resulted in a 15.309 @ 94.47 mph. My friend's TA ran 14.9's very consistently all night. So, lesson learned...no one rides with me at all next time I go. I think I would've hit about a 14.5 or so on that last run had I been alone in the car.

    Thanks again, JRCivic, for an excellent car on and off the track. This was really fun and left me feeling really good for my first time ever to try drag racing (only did 4 runs total). Hope to go again soon, and really hope to get more mods, since these are with a JRSC, DC Headers, map sensor mod and K&N air filter only. Will keep ya'll posted.


    ------------------
    '96 GSR sedan, JRSC @ 8psi

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lilmikey77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2001
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    um.. no offense at all, but both you guys need to learn to drive smile

    My first day (and only so far) day at the track, I ran a 15.080 @94mph in my 94 gsr with 120k miles. The only mod was an AEM CAI. I had bald dunlop d60 a2 tires, and I had major traction problems. My best 60' was 2.4

    also, i'm an import guy all the way, but, I have friends with domestics and a new camara/firebird v8 should be able to run 13s with a good driver. throw some slicks on there and 12s are possible... STOCK.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lilmikey77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2001
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, I was going to add that since than, I've put in a type R clutch, motor mount inserts, bilstein/pro kit setup and polyurethane suspension bushings here and there. I've also adjusted the valves, and completed all maintenance (plugs, filters, fluids, cap, rotor, etc, etc.), and I got new wheels/tires (circuit 8s, kumho 712s). I know for a fact that I can get into the 14s if I go back... however... once I slap the JRSC on I should be in the 13s somewhere.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MrSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29th, 2001
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    14.700 95.53 just i/h/e 94 gsr 100k miles beat that tongue if i dont run 13s with the charger im gonna be VERY upset...

    ------------------
    94 Integra GSR
    i/h/e
    14.700 at 95.53

  5. #5
    Inactive Member N-Vious Lude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah those times sound pretty slow. I would hope for at least high 13's, especially with the 8 PSI kit.
    ------------------
    2001 Prelude
    NightHawk Black Pearl
    Stock for now


    [This message has been edited by N-Vious Lude (edited August 12, 2001).]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lilmikey, how do you like the Kumho's? I'm torn between those or paying a little extra for the RE730's.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lilmikey77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2001
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by waveoff:
    lilmikey, how do you like the Kumho's? I'm torn between those or paying a little extra for the RE730's.

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    For $60 a piece, they're damn good tires =) Before these I had the stock wheels w/dunlop d60 a2s and these tires are definately better. They wander a little bit on really bad roads, but thats typical. Its easy to tell when they're letting go too. smile

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad to hear that you had a good time Chris... I wish I could have been there to help you with your launch. The times do sound a bit high but I believe that it is only due to the fact that you simply aren't comfortable yet... being a really good drag racer requires alot of seat time.

    Your times will improve as your racing skills sharpen.

    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 2kbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2001
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lilmikey -

    Where are you located? GsleepeR is in Bama in August, where the temp was probably high plus the misery factor, so I don't think those times were bad at all particularly for the first time at the track....

    Bill

  10. #10
    Inactive Member lilmikey77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2001
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im in the wonderful state of ohio... haha

    actually it was in the 90s all last week, but, granted when i went to the track, it was like 65 smile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •